Monday, July 12, 2010

Makeup

This is a post I've been wanting to write for awhile. Let me start by saying, I LOVE makeup!!

And although I love makeup, I'm not much of a high maintenance girl. I don't take an hour to put on my makeup and diamonds are not my best friend. I like to look nice and well put together but I can't be bothered with time consuming "primping." It's just not one of my top priorities.

One thing that IS a priority is finding and using makeup products that are good for my body. As I've mentioned before, our skin is our largest organ and it needs to be protected and well taken care of.

Since the industrial revolution, it seems cancer rates have gone up. The more unnatural things became, the worse it's gotten. All of the chemicals and synthetics in our foods and beauty products, I'm sure, have played a role in this. I've heard people say things like...."If I have to watch everything that I put in and on my body, life isn't worth living." Look, I understand both sides of this issue. We are not always going to be able to control these things, but I see it as something worth investing my time in if it may extend my life. I mean, if you KNOW something is harmful to your body, why take the chance? Why not find an affordable, healthy alternative? It just makes sense, right?

I have been slowly overhauling my makeup kit and have found a few great healthy alternatives that I wanted to share with you...

Etsy.com is one of my favorite websites. I love buying on etsy because it helps support the "common folk" instead of giving money to these huge corporations. There are some amazing things on etsy, make up is one of them. I recently bought a mineral blush from an etsy seller that I LOVE! All natural mineral makeup is my first "go to." This color is super playful and perfect for the summertime! I purchased this for only $7.50 and shipping was only $1.50. This is a link to her etsy shop if you'd like to take a peak... http://www.etsy.com/shop/allurebyjen?ref=seller_info



Mascara is one of my favorite makeup products, Physicians Formula now has a small line of Organic products. I purchased the mascara at CVS 2 tubes for $10 and I really like it, it also has really cool packaging...



Lip Gloss is a must have! A friend of mine recently told me about a natural product line from Greece called Korres (they carry it at Sephora) I cannot tell you how much I am loving this gloss. It's the perfect shade, isn't sticky and keeps your lips moisturized even after the color wears off. It's a little more expensive at $17.00, but to me it was worth it!



I also use Neways makeup products, great stuff and reasonably priced. I love their glosses, lip liner, eye liner, shadows and blushes. If you'd like to see their makeup catalog go to Http://teamgals.ineways.com




I am on the search for new healthy makeup products all the time. If you have any you'd like to share, please email me at OneGreenGoddess@aol.com

I hope you enjoyed this post :)

Until next time,
Galynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin